IN LINE WITH THE 8 CONDITIONS OF THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT, 4 OF 2013 (THE ACT), WE –
- Undertake to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information;
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide solutions to you;
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if not required for assisting you with your solutions or by the law;
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected;
- Undertake to safeguard and protect the Personal Information that is in our possession;
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required.
WHY WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
To provide or assist with the offered services/solutions we need to collect, use, and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations for reasons such as:
- To provide relevant products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested, and to maintain our relationship;
- To respond to your queries –
- Confirmation and verification of your identity or to verify that you are indeed an authorised user/member for security purposes;
- Assessing and processing claims;
- Conducting credit reference searches or verification, only if you authorise this or if it’s a requirement to provide our services to you;
- For operational purposes required to assist you with the services/solutions you require;
- For audit and record-keeping purposes;
- In connection with any applicable requirements issued by the Information Regulator or any other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
- For any purpose permitted by law.
WHY WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise various secure systems to enter and process your information to give rise to the mandated service or solution you’ve entered into through application, claim, administrative or business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect your or our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of this information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in externally contracting our activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with 3rd parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that the personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure. We will ensure that the 3rd parties to whom we share your personal information with agree to treating your information with the same level of protection as we have committed ourselves to.
USAGE OF COOKIES
COOKIE AND PRIVACY STATEMENT AMENDMENTS
We may amend this Statement from time to time for any of the following reasons:
- to provide for the introduction of new systems, methods of operation, services or products;
- to reflect an actual or expected change in market conditions or general financial services or lending practices;
- to comply with changes to any applicable laws;
- to ensure that this Statement is clearer and more favourable to you;
- to rectify any mistake that might be discovered from time to time; and/or
- for any other reason which TFS, in its sole discretion, may deem reasonable or necessary.
Any such amendment will come into effect and become part of any agreement you have with TFS when notice is given to you of the change by publication of the revised Policy on our website. It is your responsibility to check the website often.
3RD PARTY WEBSITES
The TFS website may contain links to other websites outside of TFS. We are not responsible for the content, privacy or security of other websites.
While every reasonable effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy and soundness of the content of this material, Transparent Financial Services (Pty) Ltd does not accept any responsibility for the consequences of any actions based on any information contained herein. Information may be changed or updated without notice. TFS may also make improvements and/or changes to this information at any time without notice.
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the designated Deputy Information Office, who can be contacted as shared below:
Tel: 012 338 2000
The Information Regulator
Whereas we would appreciate the opportunity to first address any complaints regarding our processing of your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O. Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: email@example.com